Skip to content

All Ears


Another day, another operation. I checked on Luv Bunny’s new face this morning and was pleasantly surprised to find that the color mix of spray paints worked out well, and with a nice matte finish.

New Bunny Face

But before I could sew his face back on, I took a look at his ears. They’ve gotten very floppy over the years, which looks cute sometimes, but also covers his eyes. The plan was to thread wire into each ear, so they could be posed in up or down positions. The tricky part, though, is that each ear was sewn tightly flat before then being attached to his head. So there was a thick barrier of stitching to break in getting the wire into place.

Here’s what the inside of his head looks like:

New Bunny Face

With patience, good lighting, and glasses, I was able to do the job. Now his ears can be arranged in a variety of positions. Please pardon his lack of a face.

Up with Bunny Ears

In order to sew his new snout on, I have to do that from the inside. This meant opening the poor little guy up in back and then removing the stuffing.

Bunny Back

I started at the tag, which indicates his #1 status.

Bunny Tag

And then I extracted his guts.

Bunny Exposed

He looked like the Scarecrow in The Wizard of Oz after flying monkeys pulled out all of his hay.

So here’s how Luv Bunny’s shell looks now, inverted and awaiting facial reconstruction. I won’t be able to complete surgery today, but so far, he’s handling it well.

Inside-Out Bunny

Don’t worry. He’ll be fine in the end. It’s not as bad as it looks.


From → Art, Crafty, Sewing

Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: